Mac's Random Rants and Commentaries on Life

Unique Insight into Life's Little Mysteries (but mostly just snide critisism)

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Taken for Granted

This one's not really a rant so much as it is an observation.

I was recently listening to the song More by Matthew West. The song speaks of the abundant love that God has for us. The chorus goes like this:

I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are Mine, and you shine for Me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more

Now, I thought it was a pretty cool song but my brother John (being the little philosopher that he is) made an interesting observation: that the things mentioned in the song (the sun, stars) are things that we too often take for granted. I mean, how many times do you really stop to appreciate the self-contained nuclear fusion reaction that is the source of life for almost the entire planet? I don't. But God established the sun in a perfect balance to ensure our survival. And as amazing as that part of His creation is, He loves us more. He came to die for us. Wow. We may take things for granted, but God never takes us for granted.

Until tomorrow, stay cool...and remember that God loves us more that we can imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Your E-mail: